(the application formerly known as iMood)
eMode is a tiny little application to display your current mood on iChat AV and/or your homepage.
eMode in iChat AV
eMode on your website
- Download eMode -
When run the first time, be sure to install one of the included emoticon-sets via the "Smileys"-menu.
Additional Smiley-Sets for eMode (bundled with the application):
das_Smileys by DasBoulousse
N3Smileys by Oscar Gruno
If using the web-option (see Preferences menu), eMode loads the current moods image up to your FTP-server as "mood.png", so you can easily add it to your homepage by adding a line like
My current mood is <img src="mood.png" alt="mood" border="0">
If you stumble across any bugs, got comments, criticism or ideas, drop me a mail at
or contact me on iChat, where you'll find me as Tassillustration (AIM).
- Fixed a bug where the revert to original smileys window would not show up / password would not be accepted.
- Fixed a bug with itunes.txt upload, resulting in an empty file.
- Made compatible with MacOSX 10.3 Panther.
- Added a textpreview feature.
- Added the ability to upload the playing song as itunes.txt.
- Fixed a bug in canceling the preferences window.
- Added a seperator field in what to display, not yet implemented in code yet though.
- The preferences are now in a stand-alone window (to work in windowless mode).
- Configuration of what to display in iChat got enhanced.
- iChat gets updated when prefs got changed.
- Sets iChat status to "Available" when quit.
- Added an emoticon-set-installer (menu "Smileys").
- Added an option to restore iChat to the original Aqua-smiley-set (menu "Smileys" too).
- New default smileyset.
- "das Smileys" iconset will probably be available as installable package soon.
- Fixed an irritating (and wrong) behaviour of the "iChat"-button in preferences.
- Mood will now be saved and the same on next start of eMode.
- Window position will now be saved when quitting eMode.
- Added minimize button.
- Added mood "well" as opposed to "ill".
- eMode can now display: current song in iTunes and/or mood and/or emoticon
- Added iTunes-current song FTP upload
- Fixed a problem with logins including "@".
- Fixed a problem when spaces where in eMode's path.
- Fixed a bug in text-upload, when set to a subdirectory.
- Changed /tmp to /private/tmp for those machines with the missing/broken softlink.
- The FTP-path name is now automatically corrected (from "/path/" to "path").
- Save Preferences button now return-activated.
- eMode can now upload the mood into a textfile (mood.txt) additionally.
- eMode will now quit, when it's window is closed
- eMode can now upload your mood to an FTP-server as mood.png, so you can display your current mood on your homepage (check Preferences).
- Accordingly, changed all mood TIFFs to PNGs (reduced size, too).
- Added preferences panel.
- Added mood horny.
Thank you, Faith, Vasquez, Dennis and Magic_C for bugreports, ideas and other input.
©2003 Tassilo Rau, all rights reserved.
License & Warranty:
The app may be freely distributed, as long as it stays unmodified and comes along with this file.
No warranties, express or implied, are guaranteed with the software package "eMode" (referred to as "The Software" from here on). Any damage caused by The Software will be bore by the user of The Software.
The author (Tassilo Rau) of The Software is absolved of all liabilities resulting from any damage caused by The Software, even if the author has been notified of the possibility of such damage.
By using The Software, you agree to the above terms.